As a developer, you are required to compile all your projects and create Windows installers in the form of single EXE files so you can distribute them over the Internet or share them with users that are interested in your applications.
However, there might be situations when you need to personalize your installation process by adding the application’s name in the titlebar, specify folder information or simply choose which icons should be created for your program and here is where Inno Script Studio comes in handy.
Using this application, you are able to create installers by generating scripts for Inno Setup Compiler. This way, you can personalize each installer the way you want.
Inno Script Studio sports an intuitive interface that presents your generated scripts in a logically structured manner. The main menu contains all the commands that the utility can offer. For each item, a key shortcut is assigned but you can also change them according to your preferences by selecting the Customize snap-in from the right-click option on the main menu.
Inno Script Studio enables you to write your scripts manually, considering that you are an advanced user who really knows how to work with these kinds of apps. However, if you are a beginner, you can use the wizard (available in the File menu), so you can automatically generate scripts.
The wizard will guide you through the process of creating a new script file by specifying basic information about your application and choosing which documents should be shown during installation. For instance, you can display to users the license information before installing your program.
After setting basic details, Inno Script Studio will automatically generate the script. However, in case you want to modify it, you can access the ‘Setup Options’ snap-in available in the toolbar.
The left panel allows you to add new registry entries, icons, INI files, directories and files required by your program to work properly.
What’s more, a debugging engine is integrated into Inno Script Studio, so you can easily set breakpoints, step between code lines and view installer variables.
All in all, Inno Script Studio proves to be a steady solution worth having when you need to create and generate scripts for Inno Setup Compiler.
Here are some key features of "Inno Script Studio":
- The Inno Script Studio Interface:
- Inno Script Studio presents your Inno Setup script in a logically structured, graphical interface.
- Intergrated Debugging:
- A debugging engine is fully integrated in the Inno Script Studio's IDE. You can set breakpoints, step between code lines & view installer variables to aid debugging your installation scripts.
- Unicode & ANSI Compiler Support:
- Inno Script Studio has fully integrated support for both unicode and ANSI Inno Setup compiler versions. This allows you to compile your installation script without having to run or install different versions of the standard Inno Setup IDE, just point Inno Script Studio at the compiler you wish to use.
- Pre and Post Compile Actions:
- Add Pre and Post compile actions to the standard Inno Setup script to extend your installation script to allow processing that is not currently available with the Inno Setup compiler.
- Customizable Syntax Engine:
- Based on the popular Scintilla editor component, Inno Script Studio's syntax engine allows the display of all syntax elements to be easily customized.
- Plugin Framework:
- Inno Script Studio's fully integrated Plugin Framework allows developers to extend existing features and functions as well as allowing new features and functions to be added.
- Detailed Logging:
- Output from all actions in the compiling process and debugger is directed to the output log. The log maintains a time stamped structure, which makes it easy to navigate the log files. Logs can be exported in text format, or saved during the compiling process.
- Themed Installer:
- Inno Script Studio allows you to add visual styles to your installer when you have the outstanding ISSkin by Codejock addon for Inno Setup installed.